Newbie - Rookie checking in.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobs PSI

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello all. I'm new to the site, I'm fairly new to the industry and have lurked here a few times. A little bit about me: I started logging and cutting wood on a farm when I was about 11, I have worked construction all me life except for 5 years I went long haul trucking. Now I work for a excavation company and a tree company part time. I'm also licensed and bonded in Excavation and Tree service. I own a dump truck, chipper, 8K# Excavator, 863 Bobcat w/ a stump grinder and 10 other attachments.

I climbed and removed my first tree (50-60 foot oak) a few years ago in my back yard with some old crappy gear that I picked up in a pawn shop 10 years prior, a old crappy saw that did not make it through the first 15 minutes and with no training what so ever. So I ran over to the saw shop and got a new ms191 to finish it. Then I had friends left and right wanting their trees taken down. Well one thing led to another and I was buying good gear and then last year I went to work part time for a tree service company and learned lots of good stuff.

I'm currently trying to grow my clientele. All my equipment is paid for with the exception of the excavator. I'd like to get a new 12k# Excavator for my next purchase. I'm learning about becoming a real estate investor and I'm looking for a property before it forecloses for my first rental. I have a good friend that is a multimillionaire investor that owns his own real estate business that is in the top 10 realitors in the US that I'm learning from.

I hope to get to know some of you here, learn more and stay alive while climbing trees.

If I had a millionaire friend I would be done climbing.
welcome, you will find a wealth of information here provided by many intelligent helpful Pro's.

Well done...

Sounds like your heading in the right direction for a whole lotta reasons, hope to read more of your adventures...

Last edited:
I'm learning about becoming a real estate investor
Trees add value to real estate if they are cared for. To manage property well, learn to manage trees well. It's really very simple. See the link below for starters, and post pictures and questions for followup.

Welcome!

Not to be a smart a$$, but you may want to learn how to spell realtor if you wish to become one...................:hmm3grin2orange:

Just having fun with the new guy!!!!!

Welcome on, new guy.
Thanks for filling us in on your background.

There are lots of reasons guys come into tree care. Often it's just some natural force guiding us to it. Then you either let the tree care industry completely envelop your life, or you find a way to make tree care a facet of whatever other career path you choose.

You seem to be the latter. As I look into the crystal ball...... I see...... in your future..... a giant tree spade to transplant trees.

The ball doesn't lie.

Not to be a smart a$$, but you may want to learn how to spell realtor if you wish to become one...................:hmm3grin2orange:

Just having fun with the new guy!!!!!

Damn spelling Nazi's thanks for the hint ;) But I don't think I'll ever be one of those. I don't like wearing suits and slacks. You can be an investor without being a realtor.

For the record I can't spell if my life depended on it. I was born over half deaf so I spent the first part of my life just learning how to speak much less spell. I did not start really learning how to spell till I started trucking, and I'm still learning every day.

Welcome on, new guy.
Thanks for filling us in on your background.

There are lots of reasons guys come into tree care. Often it's just some natural force guiding us to it. Then you either let the tree care industry completely envelop your life, or you find a way to make tree care a facet of whatever other career path you choose.

You seem to be the latter. As I look into the crystal ball...... I see...... in your future..... a giant tree spade to transplant trees.

The ball doesn't lie.

Funny you say that. I just did a job a few weeks ago planting some 20' tall cedars. I had to use both my little excavator and Bobcat to get them set. But I just don't see a giant tree spade in my deck of cards but you never know what life will give you. I just kind of fall into things. I did build one for my Bobcat a while back. http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?folder_id=1712789

Hear is a link to some a few of the jobs I have taken time to take pictures of
http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?folder_id=1751463
The twenty foot cedars are towards the end.

I say that because I know a developer who bought a spade, would temporarily remove select trees and then after the development was done, would sell the trees back to the (his) development. It worked well, both from the environmentally sensitive pitch, but financially too. He linked with other developers and now has three tree spades in his arsenal.

Back