• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Nice Vintage saws - 1956? Remington Bantam and 195? Remington GL-7 Homelite XL-903

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rynosawr

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg I will have pics up tomorrow.

I have too many of these projects and although I just built a shed for saw storage, I am already out of room!

First, a very clean oak white Remington Bantam from the mid to high 1950's - this one has the most paint of any of these I have seen, it is a very nice looking saw. Perfect piston and cylinder. I got a carb kit for the carter nd Carb and my dad installed it. It has spark and the fuel lines were replaced and it would run great at full or part throttle, but I couldn't get it to idle down without dieing. I messed with it enough that I finally pulled the steel starter cable out of the recoil and that is how I left it. It probably needs a tune and an hour of time. It still has the original roller nose bar and original chain.
$100 + shipping

Next is the Remington GL-7. Perfect piston and cylinder,coil has no corrosion and it has strong spark! Going to rebuild the tillotson HL but ran out of steam and time. Has the original bar and chain on it. Recoil spring is broken but I have a good replacement one that will be included. $150 + shipping

Last is a Homelite XL-903. Only one I have ever seen before researching and finding out they are pretty rare. This one likely needs new fuel lines and a carb kit. $150 + shipping

I started with asking prices, but advice on pricing or pm's with offers are welcome. I hope I am in a fair ballpark on pricing. Pics are of the GL-7, I will get pics of the bantam and xl-903 tomorrow

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg More pics of the bantam.

Air filter is in great shape on this one and the GL-7.

There is a small, almost indiscernible crack in the brown top cover.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Pics of the Homelite XL-903

The decomp works great, it has very good compression, good, strong spark, and rotten fuel lines. Piston and cylinder look excellent.

The bad is that there is a crack in the clutch side cover and it is missing the main air filter.

Hello Sir,

I apologize about the picture sizes, I tried to go back and change them but it won't let me edit that now.

"Bueller?"

is a reference from Ferris Bueller's Day off, a funny movie from 1986...

Ben Stein is the extremely boring teacher who is calling roll call for class and saying the name Bueller....... Bueller...... Bueller over and over because Ferris Bueller isn't in class and no one answers.

I said "Bueller?" because no one had said anything.

By the way, I watch in awe of all of the awesome saws that you have and what you list for sale..... you must have an incredible collection.

I know who Ben Stein is. NOW WITHOUT GOOGLE do you know what he was most famous for?:)

I know who Ben Stein is. NOW WITHOUT GOOGLE do you know what he was most famous for?:)

Hmmm...... I didn't check google..... so I am ignorant of what he is most famous for....

I remember something interesting about his past, and I did remember that he was a lawyer, but nothing else.

He was a Republican for one GOOD thing. Next he was a speech writer for Richard Nixon GOOD THING. His voice is a better representative of his fame. If you were around when the "Wonder Years" around" he was the I believe the Science teacher. I did not need google for this I remember it

Yes, he is a very interesting person indeed!

I grew up watching the wonder years and now that you mention it, I remember him in it; he is a great actor.

I worked many years for a gentleman that whose voice voice pass simply for Ben Stein. I just sat in his office Wednesday taling about the thee days we had cussing matches............Him cussing at me that is

Price drop to get interest going here...

$225 for all three saws with bars/chains + shipping at cost

Latest posts

Back