Older Walbro carb parts, HDC51, Husky 44, 1979

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I ordered a couple kits for this carb but the metering diaphragm is wrong…the little pin that contacts the needle valve is too long. Suggestions on where to find these? The rest of the kit is fine. I tried to start the saw and gas flooded everything, lol
IPL shows a 501 46 76-02 part#.

looking at the old part I think a previous owner ground down the pin to make it work…might try that…

You can try to grind the nub down, but if you use a dremel and slip off it usually puts a hole in the diaphragm. I used a file and folded the diaphragm material over and got one to work in an HDC carb. For the parts, you should be able to get the Walbro kit or which ever parts you need for the HDC, SDC and so on from Jack's or M&D. I think Walbro will now sell direct as well, so maybe that will work.

If you need the check valve it comes as a separate kit, meaning the screen is installed into the holder with the circlip, and the diaphragm piece is loose in the bag so you can just drop that in and secure the holder and move on.

I was looking for a simple Walbro IPL a few days ago and found out that V.E. Petersen are now the support for Walbro aftermarket (i.e. anything that isn't locked up by Stihl, Husky, or any of the AYP brands).

I was looking for a simple Walbro IPL a few days ago and found out that V.E. Petersen are now the support for Walbro aftermarket (i.e. anything that isn't locked up by Stihl, Husky, or any of the AYP brands).
interesting...going through their site to the Walbro section tripped my PC security. I may call them in the morning and see what's up.

interesting...going through their site to the Walbro section tripped my PC security. I may call them in the morning and see what's up.
They are a legit company. I have bought from them before. Don't know about their website. Might be an expired certificate that they need to know about and fix.

Ordered this one. metering diaphragm quite different…maybe .005 proud rather than 1mm 🤪
saw runs great!
There was some warnings with these HDC kits on house of homelites. Few folks ran into the same issue with the metering needle length in knockoff kits. I been buying the OEM Walbro’s from Bill’s place on the web in HDC and SDC flavors and they work fine

Back