Ontario Bound

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sethro

Heathen
Reaction score
Hello
Here is pictures of some Walnut veneer logs that we sold,last of 6 loads(223 logs) to Interforest in Durham Ontario. I have seen these logs 2 times in the last 3 months, first sold to Hawkeye Walnut in WI from us Iowa Veneer a division of Wieland & Sons Lumber.CO,and then bought back form Hawkeye and resold to Interforest.

Notice the blue stain on the end of block,deep blue indcates hardware is near. species that will run blue are Oaks,Hickory,Black Cherry,Carlo and Black Walnut. Seth

Logs

Nice Pics Seth. How is the log yard looking up there? Getting better down here. Back to 45hrs. Running red oak now...not very good logs at all.

Dustin
Hello were are back sawing 45hrs a week and on Walnut,production has dropped off a little due to the -10 degree days hand the small downtime stuff frozen air lines and broken hydraulic lines.And with frozen logs Randy and I can't feed at full tilt.Did you get the company news letter?Tracy did not put the total production number in and I don't know why but we cleared 4 million bdf. Seth

Nice logs Seth, hardly any sapwood on that Walnut. It's funny, my mother lives in Durham and sees many loads of logs go by daily, of coarse she thinks I have cut them all.
I have never dealt with Leonard Scales of Interforest Products, it seems the U.S. pays me more for the slicer than the Canadians.
No matter how it is sliced though, it seems the Germans are the biggest players in the veneer, whether it is roundwood or the finished product.
John

Hello John
This was a first for us dealing with Interforest and we did good so it won't be the last.Loading the trucks was a pain, being the distance of travel and crossing the border the Matland guys wanted each log to be perfect and it was very cold on the loader. Seth

Seth:

What criteria are the veneer logs purchased under vs. standard saw logs?

Joe

Latest posts

Back