Ooooops!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haneman

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
This happened near my job site today.
A crew had been doing a job digging out the creek underneath this bridge to help prevent flooding. The 20 ton excavator was on the bridge half on the roadway and half on the sidewalk. The sidewalk portion of the bridge could not withstand the weight any more and let go sending the excavator crashing down into the hole. Luckily the excavator wasn't being used at the time and nobody was inside it cause the cab was completely crushed against the concrete wall.
I really wanted to stay and watch them get it out, but I had to go do a quote.

Customers come first!!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here comes the crane!!
4 tractor trailers to bring it!
attachment.php

I believe this happened sometime before lunch. I drove by at 9pm and they still didn't get it out. Looked like the crane was all set up and ready to get to work, but I just didn't have the time to stick around and watch.

Wow. That's gonna cost somebody some huge money.

Kevin

on the house demo pics, did they have that little track hoe on the floor of the house before it went through?

Sadly this stuff is all too common, especially like TomTrees showed: House Demos flop a lot of hoes.

That's right I said: "flop a lot of hoes".

A contractor I was running containers for dropped his JD hoe through the 1st floor into the basement. It took a d7 Cat and a mid-size 300 series Komatsu to upright him. Scary stuff, I was working with a Komatsu 300 from 5 am today till 5:30 tonight....and will be doing it again tommorow....gotta love Obama. He's keeping me busy right now at least. Road construction DEMO's are off the hook busy right now!:dizzy:

You mean to tell me they couldn't do a Hank Hill and pull that out with the hoe?

That sure was overkill on the crane, O'Hare could have got that out with two 40 ton rotators.

Latest posts

Back