opinions on fireplace inserts?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ultimate buzz

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm going to purchase a fireplace insert to make my fireplace more efficient.Does anyone have either the Ovation insert by Country Flame out of Missouri,or any of the inserts made by Regency out of British Columbia?I tried a search here and did not come up with anything. I also looked under consumer reviws at www.********** and came up with not so good reviews on Country Flame and on the Regencys, the air control rod seems to be a problem. The majority of the reviews on all of the inserts mentioned excessive blower noise, but I've come to the conclusion that that is common on all inserts.
I understand that a freestanding woodstove is a much better way to go, but they will not work in my situation.The reason I'm looking at either of these inserts is they partially project beyond the face of the fireplace and provide an improvised cooking surface which can hold a teakettle to add moisture to a dry wood heat or as a cookstove during during power outages,which are common around here. Thanks for any input, Ken

Hello,
Why not go with the Regency Hearthstove....they are not as deep as a free-standing stove. I have one and love it !!!!

Basso

Regency Hearthstove

Basso, Are you refering to the H2100? And if so, did you go with the separate ash removal system and /or the convector airmate option for extra heat dispersion? Also have you noticed any problems with not being able to adjust the air flow rod down when you are burning drier wood? Again, any and all info is greatly appreciated. This is a major investment for our household .

Hey Buzz,
I don't know what the number is of the stove....I thought that they only made (1) HEARTH STOVE. I did not get any ash removal but I did get the optional blower which is an absolute must...without it , the stove will not heat up the room nearly as fast and when the stove gets over-fired or very hot, it works good to cool it down when run on high. It will heat soooo much better than an insert, because it sits out of the fireplace opening. If you have any more questions, just fire away...I will try and answer them. Oh, also, the stove will still burn even when the air control rod is pushed in the whole way....it must not close completely, even in the closed position !! If the wood is really dry and I find that I am having a problem, I just control it by the amount of wood that I put in the stove. But, this is really not a problem to be concerned with. I have had the stove for 10 years and that really has never been an issue !

Basso

Back