Opinions wanted

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Squid327WFD3

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Since i am new to the tree business i want opinions on saws

i currently have a husky 55 rancher and a old husky i think its model 41 or 42 i picked up at a auction for 25 bucks

i just bought a Husky 40 with 16" bar from ebay for 62 bucks including shipping to use as either a fire wood saw or as a spare.

Thanks
Dan

Your line up of saws depends on what type off tree work your looking to get into and what you have available for support equipment like trucks & loaders. You really didn't say what type of work you are planning on doing, pulping? saw logs? firewood? trimming? removal of big honkers? You would do OK pulping, cabin or small saw logs and practical sized firewood with your collection. I think you may want something a wee bit bigger for blocking firewood when you consider you make a cut every 16"-20" vs. 8' and up for logs.

i currently do mostly brush clearing and small work, maybe some triming of easy trees on my own.i am not a climber and don't do bucket work i am not a arborist i work part time for a landscapeing and tree service company.
I'm a Full time Fire Fighter but i have always loved working with trees

I do some small Wood Lot work and firewood for my personal use i have a old husky with a 18" bar for that nothing fancy

I am planing on geting into stump grinding thats about all i use saws for

Latest posts

Back