Outdoor Wood Burner

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kujoe

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Was wondering about an outdoor wood burner with gas heating costs projected to rise 60-70% here in my city (southern indiana). Anyone have any experience with these? What do they cost and how difficult are they to install? Any information is appreciated. Thanks!

Go to the off topic forum, read the whole outdoor wood stove thread. Lot's of good stuff there by some people who know what they're talking about.

Hey if ya want the low down on one pm me. I purchased one last year and use it year round for the hot water as well. They are a wood eatin monster but still cheaper to buy wood than propane in my case. Give me a little info on what your heating sqft wise and what type of system you are on now and I'll be able to give you some better feed back. Going of the Grid is slightly addictive though I'll warn ya, you'll be after solar panels next. Any way shoot me a PM if ya want the skinny, In NW ohio here so your a neighbor.

An electrician friend of mine told me that solar panels are becoming feasible. He knows someone that went that route. $8000 to install, $5000 in government rebates or incentives and the individual is getting some money back from the power company each month for the excess electricity he is selling them. Course that was before the last 2 weeks of rain and gloom.

Back