Partner P70 head/mods

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh A.

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
First post guys (and girls). I have been looking through the site for a while now and always enjoy seeing how others cut. Here goes- I have been cutting with a Partner P70 that my father-in law gave me a few years back. I love the saw. A couple years ago the threads pulled out of the spark plug hole. I put a heli-coil in, and it still runs good, but it is down on power. (from the loss of compression I assume) I am having a tough time finding a new cylinder for it. The saw was rebuilt just before I acquired it, and I do not know if there is and over-sized piston or rings in it. I do not want to buy a new saw. I have replaced most other parts on the saw. I like the one I have, and have a hard time spending the $800 to replace the cc's of this one when I feel like after a new head, I would have a pretty new saw. Are there any other models of partners/Huskys that would fit. And to prove it belongs here, I would like to then perform a few mods to give it some more power, yet stay reliable...if there are enough parts available for it. ;) Any suggestions are appreciated.

Will that fit? Or, are you being funny? What about the jug?

Latest posts

Back