Pieces and parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihl310

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Ok... I have been searching these forums for weeks now looking trying to figure out what the best type of thermostat, underground line, inside line, blower motors, damper solenoids etc... are going to work the best for my OWB that I'm going to build... Now I have found a plethora of information, but I just can't nail down exactly what I want to use. I would just like to have some solid recomendations from members that have built there own.

What solenoid for the damper?
What kind of blower/Are there waterproof ones?
What type of thermostat to contol the blower/what kind of thermostat for visual temperature check?
Is there some kind of alarm system I can wire in that will let me know if I have a runaway boiler?
What is the preferred pipe for underground to the house?
What is the prefered plumbing to the HX in the furnace black pipe/copper/CPVC?
What kind of circulator pump?

Like I said I've found all these on here, but everyone seems to use a different one on there model. Just curious as to whether or not there is a consensus on a certain product that will answer my questions.

Thanks for all your help, this site has really opened my eyes to some things I didn't even think about in my original design.. By the way as of now my design incorporates an 18 cu/ft firebox, heating 140 gallons of water. The firebox and water jacket are all circular in design with a small water jacket covering the backside of the chamber.

Thanks

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back