Pole saw build?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NORMZILLA44

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
With all the porting, and modification's I see, and all the model's to chose from in chainsaw's. I am wondering with the newer pole saw's getting heavier, and as we all know harder on you at the end of the day. At least a chainsaw there is a wide variety, and is easier on the operator than a pole saw all day. I have though about getting my ppt 261 muffler made a dual port. I love my echo, and run all Stihl at work ht 73-75 101-131. I like the 101 the best at work, the 131 is heavier, and clumsier in feel to me. Yeah my Echo has less power, but is still impressive, and handy. I was just curious, because chainsaw's are done every day, this would be something different, and be beneficial in a class with alot less to choose from.

I would wonder, on the 2 strokes, if the drive train would be up to adding more power or rpm. Porting the 4 mix engines would be a bit of a chore for what you'd probably get out of them, and as you say they are heavy. Actually the ht100 isn't bad weight wise, but it doesn't extend either. For cookie cutting you'd need a telephoto lens to determine the winner.

Latest posts

Back