pole saw purchace

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This topic has been covered a few dozen times but I will bite on this one again. For a gas power pole saw I think Echo makes a superior product. Stihl has a nice system but the thin pole scares me. Echo has a solid pole system and a reliable motor for this application. I have only held the husky and it felt very off balance. I would also only recomend the 12' reach with any of these tools, they advertise adding ections to get 16' of reach but that is just to long to be safe.

+1 on the Huayuchi. Not much slower than the power units but longer, quieter, lighter, nonpolluting and oh yes make a cleaner cut with less chance for error.

I like it , but I hardly ever use it... It'll only reach to about 12 ft.
I use my SILKY HAYAUCHI alot more , it'll reach to about 21 ft...
If I had it to do over again, I'd just buy the HAYAUCHI and save about
$ 425.00[/QUOTE]

I have the Silky and a Stihl HT 101 with a 30 degree head. I like both of them. The Stihl is a lot faster, but the Silky goes 10' higher.

stihl

I bought the stihl that can change out heads and I am very happy. I put the chain saw head or the brush head to nip banches. I also have the articulating hedger. I use 2 extensions to make it 12+ feet. The down side is I have broke it twice in 6 months.
I have a few different manual pole pruners so buying a dedicated power pruner seemed wastfull.
It suspect the stihl multi head system with a HAYAUCHI is the best combo going.

I use the stihl ht75, it is the older version of the ht131, it was $579.99(maybe $679.99, can't remember) when I bought it about 4 years ago but it has paid for it self many times on small elevation jobs. It's a pretty good saw, it fell off the rack one day (another story) while I was going down the road and just rolled, only damage was the spark plug was broken and the boot was torn plus the cosmetic scratches but it still ran even with the broke plug.

Back