Poll: How many people w/OWB's own logsplitters?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you own a OWB

• Logsplitter: Yes

Votes: 75 82.4%
  • Logsplitter: No

Votes: 16 17.6%

• Total voters
Reasons for me owning a log splitter.

1- When I have to split Elm or any other twisted tree, the splitter beats a maul every time, no contest.

2-It’s not as hard on me as the maul is, twenty or so years ago I would pick the maul over the log splitter on about anything except Elm, now I take the easier road.

3-I have yet to find any wood my little 20-ton Brave wouldn’t split.

4-Like said earlier there are many uses this tool is capable of.

Things that I noticed when splitting my wood into smaller pieces.

1- The wood dries a lot faster netting more BTU’s per fill, letting Mother Nature do the evaporating instead of my OWB.

2-The wood is easier to handle and stack in the OWB.

3- My wife is more apt to load with smaller wood than the 70-100+ lb. wood that I have tossed in it.

I have a 35 ton splitter that I never use. 361 splits rather well and has a better exhaust note than the 12 horse briggs.

I cut my logs 44" long so I have to split the big ones with a maul. A log splitter to do logs that lenghth would be to costly.:chainsaw:

I built this one for under a grand and it can open 50"

attachment.php

That is pretty sweet. I just borrow a homemade one when I absolutely need to split something. I still hack away from time to time too. Love that skid steer splitter, simple and effective.

Built a really nice splitter with a 16hp liquid cooled eng and a 22gpm pump. Then I built a OWB with a big door. Sold the splitter. If I can lift it I can burn it. Now I don't have to loan the splitter out anymore. CJ

Back