Ported Shindaiwa

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Four Paws

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Thinking about grinding on this 757 I have been running for a while...what do you guys think?

attachment.php

Thas is a saw I have always wanted for some reason. I would love to have a ported 757 to see how it compared with my ported 372. Shindaiwa saws seem to very well made saws, would love to have a 757wrap one day! Let us know how things go on porting it!

Wow...the crankcase and the base gasket have channels for bike style ports, but not the cylinder. Could be something in that. Proceed...:cheers:

Well Four Paws, did you go thru with the port job? I'm curious how it turned out.

At least someone is interested, LOL. I haven't done anything with it yet...no time! It is still in a box waiting...I'll post up when I get to it. Keep reminding me every-so-often, it might help me find the time!

Ya got my interest in Shindy's. I would like to have a larger displacement Shindiawa to try against my 064. The closest dealer to me is in wichita, 90 miles away. Someday....

Last edited:
Well....

At least someone is interested, LOL. I haven't done anything with it yet...no time! It is still in a box waiting...I'll post up when I get to it. Keep reminding me every-so-often, it might help me find the time!

Here's your friendly reminder! Don't keep us waiting till Christmas....

Here's your friendly reminder! Don't keep us waiting till Christmas....

Christmas 2009? I haven't been doing much with saws lately...sold a few, that is about it. I hope to have it built before wood-cutting season next summer. The forest service issues permits around June 1...so that is a ballpark if you are interested in my time frame...sorry to keep you few interested souls waiting.

Back