• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Ported Stihl MS261 (non C-M)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Prior to getting modded this was a brand new Stihl MS261 (adjustable carb). I purchased it quite awhile back from another member here on AS with the intention of having it ported. I changed my mind and was going to keep it stock for future use, then tried to sell it stock, and then once again decided to have it ported.

It has a number carved/scratched into the front of the case. When I was interested in purchasing it this drew my curiosity, so I had a Stihl dealer run the serial number and it came up clean. That's all I can tell you about that.

Our good friend ELECT6845 did the mods to this saw. If you're familiar with the work that gets done to these saws the builders have two approaches. This one still has the strato system intact. It has a pop up piston with the base cut. The port work includes changes to the transfers, intake and exhaust. The timing was advanced and the stock muffler opening has been opened up. Compression is at 215 psi. It runs and sounds great. This is a solid little work saw.

It's new other than having been run for tuning & testing purposes. Buyer can have their choice between rim sprockets; 3/8-7T, .325-7T, or .325-8T.

I'm asking $675 PHO or $700 with a new 18" bar & 26RMC3-74 chain. These prices are shipped & insured to the lower 48. I will gladly ship to AK, HI, or internationally, but additional shipping charges may apply. We'll determine that based on the cost to ship to the closest point to you in the lower 48 and any extra will be added to the sale price. I'm only interested in selling - no trades. Payment via PayPal to friends/family is preferred. We can do PayPal for goods/services with 3% added to cover fees. I will also accept a Postal Money Order, but the saw will not ship until the PMO has been received and cashed.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 96
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 105
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 103
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 103
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 92
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 88
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 91
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 88
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 83
  • 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 72
Aww man! I just bought a new OE 261 Saturday cause I was afraid it was my last chance at a new one. I would have jumped on this saw. Love the 261.

I have four of the damn things, I just priced my used ported stihl ms261 for 700$ shipped to a member, so this is a good buy for someone.

Back