Provide your location, homeowners

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Deere John,
I put an annoucement on the top of this forum. Its been hard to answer some of these questions without the location hasnt it? I have been getting about 15 emails a day on me to answer these questions through email. I had to write back stating this is a forum, not a service. Oh well, I have learned a lot by reading peoples answers and doing my own research. Hope you have too.
Darin

You are right Darin - I have had to go back to my books to to do some research. It never hurts to do that, but it does take some time.

I noticed that the homeowner forum is more popular than the others. That is usually not the case in other forums. That speaks to the concern people have for their trees, and also maybe to the quality of advice they are able to get at their local level. I'm more qualified to deal with issues in the temperate zone - you southern folk have trees that I haven't even heard of, nevermind worked on or studied.

See ya later.

Hello, John and Darin! I hope I might be of some help here. I live in central Florida, and have been climbing/trimming over 10 years. Was ISA certified in '95 or '96, but didn't get renewed. Too much paperwork, I was too buzy working! Among my credits is 3 years in the City of Winter Park forestry division and 3 years as a climber/foreman for the local Davey Tree commercial/residential division. Hopefully I can still help others with my experiences since I cannot climb anymore.

Treeclimber165, Wonderful to have you here. Its great to have another expert to answer some of these questions. You will meet a lot of friends in here. You may never meet them but we are always chatting on some post.
Darin

Welcome Brian. I've read a few of your posts before I found this reply. Darin and I traded history a while back, though I don't remember in which forum (it wasn't the homeowners one anyway). Glad to have some coverage from Florida. I'm from Ontario, Canada, so I'm a little weak when it comes to that area.

150 Crane removals, eh? Wow.

Attention New Posters

PLEASE READ the title of this thread! Treesquid, I have NO IDEA how to answer your questions without knowing what type of climate you live in. We do the best we can with relatively little info here, but at least give us half a chance!

Time warp? Lots of limbs have hit the deck since then..

Some history WOULD be great...How is it these days?..

Courious Derek..

Back