Quick and easy compression relief - on-off pull knob fix

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MobyDooDuckDong

My Saws and 4350 vs 4300 Question
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
For those like me, frustrated with the compression relief on-off switch/knob because when pushed in to release the compression, the damn thing sits sooo far down into the cowling that it takes a pick, screwdriver or long nails to reach in and pull it back up.....this is a quick and easy fix. Cheap, and takes all but two minutes to do - most of all, it works. These are automotive plastic vacuum plugs. Scuff up the decompression knob with a razor knife to give the glue something to hold onto....then glue and stick 'er on. My GZ5000, the white cap worked - the 7910, Black cap but had to use two, damn thing sat soo low in the cowling. Thought id share since it was P me O to dig the damn thing out every time.

Attachments

• 1000001131.jpg
    1000001131.jpg
    304.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 1000001132.jpg
    1000001132.jpg
    325.8 KB · Views: 0
For those like me, frustrated with the compression relief on-off switch/knob because when pushed in to release the compression, the damn thing sits sooo far down into the cowling that it takes a pick, screwdriver or long nails to reach in and pull it back up.....this is a quick and easy fix. Cheap, and takes all but two minutes to do - most of all, it works. These are automotive plastic vacuum plugs. Scuff up the decompression knob with a razor knife to give the glue something to hold onto....then glue and stick 'er on. My GZ5000, the white cap worked - the 7910, Black cap but had to use two, damn thing sat soo low in the cowling. Thought id share since it was P me O to dig the damn thing out every time.
Just plug it ,

They pop back out on their own when the engine fires up, no need to pull them up otherwise., only need to push them down.

Feeling a bit stupid but hey, never had anything with a compression relief before. Pioneerguy600....I sure do appreciate the schooling from good folks on here. - With folks like you....i just became a 'supporting member" Thanks again!

Feeling a bit stupid but hey, never had anything with a compression relief before. Pioneerguy600....I sure do appreciate the schooling from good folks on here. - With folks like you....i just became a 'supporting member" Thanks again!
You are welcome, only way to find out is to post , this site was set up to provide help to those that do not know, well originally it was but has morphed into other values.

Not really sure why one would want to uncompress the saw before it fires but okay.
When you're dealing with high compression saws, it's easier on the starter and the operator. Wish my Homelite 1050 had one. My Mac 125 would be nearly impossible to start without one.

Sorry about the way I replied I assumed you knew the way they are suppose to function.

Back