Remington Bantam

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReconByFire

Reaction score
Hi. New to the site. I picked up a Remington Bantam, I believe is the 82cc- there is no other model designation on it, so not sure. I am trying to get some information/help on it.

The bar is an original Remington bar, with roller on the end, but it seems to only be an 18" bar, if measured like normal, close to 22" OAL if memory serves. I would've thought an 82cc would have at least a 20" bar. Maybe I can't measure.
The bar also doesn't have any of the typical chain identifiers on it. The chain that was on it when I got it (no idea if it's the correct one for the bar/sprocket) is an Oregon 62 link, 058 325 (if I measured correctly). With 30 stamped on the tie strap, and 52 on the drive link. One would think that Oregon would have a way to use their chain identifiers- to identify it. But I can't find anything on their site. Maybe they just don't make that chain anymore.

My main question would be, would anyone know the correct pitch at least, for the saw? If it is 325, I also have a Stihl 036 with an 18" bar that would be simple to share chains with.

Any other information on the saw that you want to share? It's loud as hell, but runs smoothly.

Appreciate all the help.

Attachments

• IMG_8002.JPG
    IMG_8002.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_8003.JPG
    IMG_8003.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_8004.JPG
    IMG_8004.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_8005.JPG
    IMG_8005.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_8006.JPG
    IMG_8006.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_8008.JPG
    IMG_8008.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 17
7/16 or .404 chain on those

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Measure between any 3 rivets and divide by 2...thats pitch.

.4375 or .404

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

.404 is a correct pitch for these saws, particularly the later ones. Should technically be .058 gauge, but .063 could be used on a worn bar. Far as the length, that's a standard size for the era.

Well, the original Bantam would have 7/16 chain, right hand recoil, brown/beige paint, and generally quite different looking. This is the later version released alongside the 660s and 770s and probably marketed as an economy model.

Yes, mine is left hand recoil, manual oiler "thumb button" above handle.

Latest posts

Back