• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Sachs Dolmar SKS-4

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keith A Bradley

Reaction score
Hey all,

New forum member here but I wanted to make sure this went to the right place. I'm selling a Sachs Dolmar KMS-4. This is my step father's saw which he bought new. He used it for home firewood in the Adirondacks. It was not for commercial use. He's a small engine mechanic and it was always taken care of. The clutch cover is cracked behind the bumper spikes. The hand guard broke and is missing. It has the original bar (no chain). He would run a richer fuel mix to maintain the seals. The oil line was replaced with a copper line, and the clutch was replaced at one time. It has not been in use in 25-30 years, but fired up immediately today.

Not pictured, this also comes with the with the owner's manual, parts diagram, and certificate (it is engine number 8292890). These are in great condition.

Asking $2,000 OBO, including shipping to US addresses, via paypal.

Please let me know if you have any questions about it or need any more photos.

Keith Bradley (and Dane Cole)

IMG_2925.jpg
IMG_2931.jpg IMG_2920.jpg IMG_2921.jpg IMG_2922.jpg IMG_2924.jpg IMG_2927.jpg IMG_2928.jpg IMG_2930.jpg IMG_2933.jpg

I'm more than happy to do other than friends and family - new here, and in looking through other posts that seemed to be the standard.

Keith -

Lots of folks have been burned buying saws from new members. As a result, you're not likely to find someone who will buy it using "Friends and Family" because the buyer doesn't have any recourse via PayPal if they never receive the saw.

Nice saw. Good luck with the sale.

Scott

Keith -

Lots of folks have been burned buying saws from new members. As a result, you're not likely to find someone who will buy it using "Friends and Family" because the buyer doesn't have any recourse via PayPal if they never receive the saw.

Nice saw. Good luck with the sale.

Scott

Totally understand and after the first comments I edited the post deleting the friends and family. I want to do what is safest for all. I just didn't know the process.

Thanks for the advice!

Keith

Totally understand and after the first comments I edited the post deleting the friends and family. I want to do what is safest for all. I just didn't know the process.

Thanks for the advice!

Keith
Welcome to AS Keith.
My experience is that when people say F&F most are not opposed to taking S&M as long as the buyer covers the difference, it's more about the amount they expect to get for the saw. It's much like OBO, when most use it they just mean they will accept offers, try offering someone $100 on a $500 item and then call them back a couple weeks later to see if you have the best offer :laugh:. Some even state taking reasonable offers, meaning reasonable to them, if you make an offer that you feel is reasonable they may get all bent out of shape:lol:. Heck I've even seen some ask for opinions on their saws in a sale ad, then get all upset :popcorn2:.
Some of the terminology doesn't really make sense when you think it through, but it seems to make it into many ads.
GLWS is another, many use this after saying an item will sell super fast because it's priced so cheap, then is luck really needed o_O, maybe it is and maybe it isn't but it sounds like the right thing to say :).
Hope you get the saw sold Keith ;),
Brett

Latest posts

Back