Saw repair and maintenance

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ertreesurgeon

Ertreesurgeon

ArboristSite Member
Please help. I'm having trouble with my husky 570. I think it's an 05. First question is- I was wondering if anyone new the factory settings for the H L on the carburetor. I don't have the manual. Also I recently had to replace the plastic worm drive because it melted. And I'm afraid it's going to happen again. While the saw is idling it gets so hot it start smoking the catches on fire. I turned down the idle and greased the needle bearing. There seems to be some play on the clutch cover(about 1/8") between the top of cover and the washer and e clip. I can hear it rattling when the saw is idling. Any help would be appreciated.

oscar4883

oscar4883

Addicted to ArboristSite
About 1 turn out or a little more from lightly seated will get you close on the needle settings. Are you talking about the sprocket/washer/e-clip assembly rattling? Some rattle can be normal. Is your brake band rubbing, or the chain spinning at idle?

Ertreesurgeon

Ertreesurgeon

ArboristSite Member
About 1 turn out or a little more from lightly seated will get you close on the needle settings. Are you talking about the sprocket/washer/e-clip assembly rattling? Some rattle can be normal. Is your brake band rubbing, or the chain spinning at idle?

Yes. That's the assembly I was talking about. I'm wondering if it's to loose and causing the clutch cover to lift up so it does not sit with the groove on the worm drive. The chain would move while idling when its not warmed up.

ponyexpress976

ponyexpress976

nipple fritters
It's going to turn unless you blip the throttle and get it back to low idle while the chainbrake is off. If the worm gear is getting that hot, it sounds like something is binding/causing friction. The obvious here is clean everything off and see if the symptoms continue or are resolved.

Latest posts