Sawmill "Shootout" EXPO 2007

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sawyer Rob

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hello fellow sawyers,

I just returned from the Sawlex Sawmill EXPO 2007 in South Carolina, and i took some picts. of the "shootout" and equipment i saw there. I thought you'd like to see them so you can see what you missed :)

Here's one of our "internet friends" JP, showing off a thin slice he took off a cant at the show with the Norwood Lumbermate 2000 that was being demoed there. It was a big hit and lots of folks were trying it out...

standard.jpg

It was a HUGE amount of fun meeting some "internet" friends there includeing some "Arborist" members... If you haven't had a chance to attend the EXPO, you really should try to go to one, as if you love milling there's "lot's" to see at one of these shows, and you can even do some sawing there...

Anyway, here's the addy to the picts.. http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumList?u=3009465

I hope you enjoy them!

Rob

Thanks Rob... wish I could have made it. Been watching these shootouts over the years, waiting for one to come close to Philadelphia area.

Lots of good shots, thanks for sharing! :clap:

I like that sign on the Valmet machine - "Stay Back 300 Feet". Yikes!

Nice pics. I read about one that was in NC recently, but it was too far for me; plus I'm not in the market quite yet. Nice pics. Were the woodmizer folks there? I sent for info a year ago and seems like I get something in the mail every week or two trying to entice me...
If I buy a stationary mill, it'll probably be a norwood. Seems like nothing else can quite compare for bang for the buck factor.

If I buy a stationary mill, it'll probably be a norwood. Seems like nothing else can quite compare for bang for the buck factor.

It's true, especially when you start putting it to work. I have had mine for a couple months now, I would imagine It is near paring itself off. I have sawed up 6 or so logs around the house, but where it really paid itself off is when we took er up north and put it to work sawing large white pine and spruce. We have to ride the quads in over 3km of bush roads, and with the trailer package on the lumber mate we drove it in. Alot of up and down, and with the lumbermate being 20+ feet long it was a hairy ride, but we made it. We have sawn just about enough lumber to built an addition on the cabin. It probably isn't enough wood sawn to pay for itself it raw value, but when you consider the cost of the wood, but then making numerous trips back and forth over the 3km's of logging roads... it's getting close, its not a numerical value but not having to drive lumber in and out is payment enough.

Craig

Thanks for the pics Rob.

It's true, especially when you start putting it to work. I have had mine for a couple months now, I would imagine It is near paring itself off. I have sawed up 6 or so logs around the house, but where it really paid itself off is when we took er up north and put it to work sawing large white pine and spruce. We have to ride the quads in over 3km of bush roads, and with the trailer package on the lumber mate we drove it in. Alot of up and down, and with the lumbermate being 20+ feet long it was a hairy ride, but we made it. We have sawn just about enough lumber to built an addition on the cabin. It probably isn't enough wood sawn to pay for itself it raw value, but when you consider the cost of the wood, but then making numerous trips back and forth over the 3km's of logging roads... it's getting close, its not a numerical value but not having to drive lumber in and out is payment enough.

Craig

Any pics? Sounds like a blast.

Latest posts

Back