Solo Rex Are They Any Good

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ho302

Reaction score
i have a solo rex chainsaw and was wondering if it is worth anything and if it is a good old saw

Its not worth a whole lot, but its a GREAT saw, Ask Mange, Ozflea, or Lewis Brander, all 3 of them have one or more of them.

i was thinking of puting a 4 foot bar on it making a jig and slabbing some of these gum trees in australia

I think that can be done, that IS a 125CC saw, so I'd imagine that assuming all is working well, it would have plenty of power to do what you want.

These are pretty strong saws, but vibrators in the wurst sence of the word.

I think Bob can help you more being in the same neck of the woods so to speak.

Gee man you'll have no blood left in ya arms if you wish to use it for ripping slabs as thats harder on man than saw.
Look for something thats kinda to the human body but you do need a big saw and i know i'm a traitor and need to be shot for saying this but get something like an 051, 075, 076 or even a 090, at least you'll get spares if needed as the old saws like the Solo are great when their going but spares can be a nightmare.
Solo Rex's where produced in 1959 and maybe a couple of years later they have earnt there place in history now let them rest.

Mc Bob.

got my solo rex running last night does anyone out ther have a oiler button for it
i will have to say it is a mean sounding saw

Latest posts

Back