Some days, life really sucks....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldsaw

"Been There, Milled That"
Reaction score
I'm in Cedar Rapids, Iowa for the night. My new toy, "The 3120 Formerly Known As Chopsaw's" (T3FKAC...wow, I'm not even a Prince fan) is sitting in my office 400 miles away. A dark and lonely office.

I'm sitting in my hotel room feeling bummed out since I was planning on being home tomorrow, but now it won't be until Friday. Then, on Saturday AM, I've got a Cub Scout food drive....maybe Sunday, the wife owes me a day.

But, I'm hungry, and I want a beer. So, I'm calling in a pizza and going to the gas station next to the hotel to get my beer. Last I checked, there were over 100 people in the Chainsaw Forum so I won't be drinking alone.

Mark

Andy, I just had one....but it was a big-un.

Interesting, in other parts of the forum world, my sig is awful close to that..."So many trees, so little money, even less time"

Mark

So, whatcha drinking? I was too lazy to get into my car to get my favorite beer at this point in time....Summit Extra Pale Ale from St Paul, MN. A very close second is Sierra Nevada Pale Ale from Chico, CA. I settled for a gas station sized bottle of Miller Lite. I'll sleep well, except for the time(s) I'll have to get up and pee.

Mark

oldsaw said:
I'm in Cedar Rapids, Iowa for the night. My new toy, "The 3120 Formerly Known As Chopsaw's" (T3FKAC...wow, I'm not even a Prince fan) is sitting in my office 400 miles away. A dark and lonely office.

I'm sitting in my hotel room feeling bummed out since I was planning on being home tomorrow, but now it won't be until Friday. Then, on Saturday AM, I've got a Cub Scout food drive....maybe Sunday, the wife owes me a day.

But, I'm hungry, and I want a beer. So, I'm calling in a pizza and going to the gas station next to the hotel to get my beer. Last I checked, there were over 100 people in the Chainsaw Forum so I won't be drinking alone.

Mark

I believe I found a soulmate... I travel a lot for business, so I know the feeling.
But most of the time, I will go out to get that beer.
cheers
:cheers:

belgian said:
I believe I found a soulmate... I travel a lot for business, so I know the feeling.
But most of the time, I will go out to get that beer.
cheers
:cheers:

Just too tired last night. Had some things to finish up at the hotel, and a bunch of phone calls to make before the West Coast shut down for the night. Trying to guide a big sale through and make sure some product is available. Anyway, the prospect of a 20 mile round trip (33 km) to get good beer just wasn't appealing when I'd already driven over 400 (660 km).

Going to buy a couple of cases of Summit though. Can't get it in Missouri yet, so I have to buy it up here.

Mark

Mark,
Don't worry, it'll be there when you get home. Just make sure you smile back at it when you open the box. I had a few (dozen) beers when I packed it up, so there is an extra half roll of duct tape on the pkg. The manual is in the lid, so don't cut through it. Good luck, let me know how it goes.

Chopwood said:
Mark,
Don't worry, it'll be there when you get home. Just make sure you smile back at it when you open the box. I had a few (dozen) beers when I packed it up, so there is an extra half roll of duct tape on the pkg. The manual is in the lid, so don't cut through it. Good luck, let me know how it goes.

Okay, now I'm really curious. According to my secretary, it made it looking just fine on the outside. PWI (packing while intoxicated) appears to be a strong suit.

Hey, I buy one nice toy per year, you are damn right I'm gonna be smiling. I may even laugh my backside off at the packing job. Still hoping for a run on Sunday....wife owes me big time.

Mark

I travel a lot too.
I'm sitting in a Holliday Inn Express in Nashville eating KFC with a Mt. Dew.
I hate travelling, but can't avoid it with my job.

Dreaming of going to camp to clear brush, cut fallen trees and hang some new treestands for deer season. Can't this weekend. Get home tmw night and we are driving 5 hrs to visit my wife's grandmother who is not well.

JPP said:
I travel a lot too.
I'm sitting in a Holliday Inn Express in Nashville eating KFC with a Mt. Dew.
I hate travelling, but can't avoid it with my job.

Dreaming of going to camp to clear brush, cut fallen trees and hang some new treestands for deer season. Can't this weekend. Get home tmw night and we are driving 5 hrs to visit my wife's grandmother who is not well.

Sitting in a Baymont tonight. Needed the iron for my pants. Was in a Super 8 last night...no iron. Also close to the restaurant I like.

Mark

Latest posts

Back