Something that keeps me busy and angers my wife.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
VERY NICE! It is my understanding that the inclusion of the 454 in this car made it quite a handful to handle....the hi-po 350 made for a much better all round car, especially handling and braking, with little loss in performance. Your take?? And the large block, while more hp did not like to rev as much as the small block.??

'Vettes became such pigs in the mid 70s, your car pre dates that era thankfully.

Jumper said:
VERY NICE! It is my understanding that the inclusion of the 454 in this car made it quite a handful to handle....the hi-po 350 made for a much better all round car, especially handling and braking, with little loss in performance. Your take?? And the large block, while more hp did not like to rev as much as the small block.??

'Vettes became such pigs in the mid 70s, your car pre dates that era thankfully.

I had a 350 in the vette when I bought it. After the 454 transplant I haven't noticed any difference in handling or braking. I do have aluminum heads, intake and radiator and installed big block f/r sway bars too. So the engine wight is close to that of an iron headed small block. The torque is incredible.

great job on that 454 , theres nothing like a big block, i had a 76 vette for a few years 350 four speed it needed a big block,

Back