Sos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CA arborista

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Is there any successful treatment for Armillaria root fungus (currently killing a customer's veteran Valley oaks)? The internet didn't help much.

Thanx

There was a good article in tci mag about treating armillaria by excavation and sanitation. To that I add root invigoration and yes armillaria can be deactivated and compartmentalized.

Armillaria

treeseer -

Thank you for your post. I downloaded the 10/07 issue of TCI but only found a short reference about using the chipped infected wood as mulch (actually, really surprising). Which issue had the article? We really need some concrete info describing procedure and treatment.

We plan to excavate. The info I found (UC Davis' statewide pest management site) suggested removing everything from 1" up and sanitizing with methyl bromide fumigation (I'm not licensed to do that part of the work).

What are other alternative treatments? :confused:

Tree removal is another option. Just kidding you asked and Im bored...

Sorry.

In fact, most of the fruiting bodies are at the base of dead trees or stumps of trees that have been cut down previously. However, there is one cluster that stands alone in the grass. We want to contain the spread.

Back