Source for Stihl 036 Fuel Tank - Not Chinese...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a nice 036 Pro that is one of my go-to saws and the tank sprung a leak. Must have taken a hit during the move from VA to TX, and it's cracked.

I really don't want to put a Chinese tank on this saw, but that's what I'm seeing available, and most with flippy caps, too.

Anyone know where I can find a nice used one or a new one? Should be part number 1125 350 0818.

Thanks, Scott
272329722_5110515245660186_4828149103735545460_n.jpg

I've successfully repaired a crack. Its key to prepare properly, as any remaining fuel or oil will affect the bond. I disassembled and separated the fuel tank section from the rest of the saw. I then washed it out with acetone, then hot soapy water then rinsed with hot water a few times and left it to dry. I also cleaned out the crack with fine wire and roughed up the edges with wet and dry paper prior to gluing. I checked it would hold fuel overnight with a plug in the fuel line hole before reassembly.

I've successfully repaired a crack. Its key to prepare properly, as any remaining fuel or oil will affect the bond. I disassembled and separated the fuel tank section from the rest of the saw. I then washed it out with acetone, then hot soapy water then rinsed with hot water a few times and left it to dry. I also cleaned out the crack with fine wire and roughed up the edges with wet and dry paper prior to gluing. I checked it would hold fuel overnight with a plug in the fuel line hole before reassembly.
What did you use for glue or epoxy?

I have successfully used Marine Tex to repair chain strikes on chainsaw fuel tanks. That was a hole in the tank vs. a crack. It's worth a try in a non stressed crack, use the cleaning process that @muddy42 described above.

I have some Q Bond that I'm going to try. If it doesn't work, I'll try Marine Tex. Thanks

Latest posts

Back