Stihl 011avt Muffler Parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nedsim

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I picked up an 011avt with no cover or screen on the muffler -- LOUD!

Are parts 13 thru 16 all required or is it a choice between either 13, 14 & 15 or 15 & 16 to make a complete assembly?

While I'm asking, how difficult is it to change the top handle to a rear handle on this saw? Is it just the handle & throttle linkage?

Thanks.

Stihl 011 Muffler parts.jpg

Complete muffler? If it's close to hand, what does it have for a screen ass'y?

My best guess from looking at photos of the parts and complete saws online is that the screen (13) is always used with either the louvered cover (16) or the open cover (14) over the screen.

I'm surprised the parts are gone, the saw looks barely used otherwise.

Someone likely cleaned the screen and lost the screw.

Does the muffler body have any movement?
That makes sense, though there's barely any carbon in the muffler. Another possibility is that the screw vibrated out. I can't imagine that you wouldn't notice the change in sound if the cover fell off while running, but I suppose it'd be too late by then. Not likely to find that little screw once it hit the ground.

The muffler body is tight.

I got the saw along with an 021 from a guy who I got the sense would just buy a new saw or chain as the solution to any problem. All the 011 needed was a fuel line, the 021 needed an ignition module. They came with 10 or 12 chains that had never been sharpened, but most were good to go with just a touch-up. I gave the 021 to a friend; I've promised the 011 to my daughter once she takes a saw safety class and if I can convert it to a rear handle.

A follow up: I found an OEM louvered cover and screen (parts 16 & 13) on ebay. Seemed to go together properly and the saw is a bit quieter now. Though I miss the fact that it doesn't sound like my uncle's DKW anymore.

Back