• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Stihl 028 WB project.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

axlr8

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I have a Stihl 028 WB for sale.

Saw was purchased as a non runner, scored lightly on exhaust side cylinder was cleaned up, caber rings included, and piston is usable. This was all caused by cracked intake boot. I have gathered 95% of all the parts needed.

Carb has been rebuilt, new fuel and impulse lines and filter.

The top covers are slightly faded and not perfect, but are both solid and both there. They do match in tint so that is a plus.

The saw is a plastic tank model, had been cracked some how where the carb mount is. I melted it together with some stainless mesh and a soldering iron and then added epoxy to it when cooled. Does not look pretty, but fit and function is great, and will hold for years to come. Saw has all new rubber buffers.

(Saw is mostly assembled. crankcase and handle are mated, cylinder will be mounted. small assembly will be required.)

Parts known missing: E clip for brake handle pivot, fuel/oil caps, inner bar plate i believe, recoil pawl/washer/clip, and recoil rope.

Other than that, saw looks to have great potential, I can test the seals when I get my base gasket here. Just looking to free some time up and pay off some bills.

Been laid up from a surgery I had in early June, and wont have time to mess with it before winter.

Make me an offer, you are responsible for shipping unless you please me enough first off.
Can send pictures upon request. May post some pics tomorrow if I get a chance.

Back