• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Trade Stihl 044C

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garyischofield

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I came into possession of a complete 044C.It is complete with the automatic choke.I have too many saws of this size and am looking to trade for a 50 cc. saw either ported or stock.Any offers/opinions welcome.Gary

Hey Gary-

Are you partial to a particular brand? I've only seen the automatic choke 044 once when I was at the dealership and I didn't get to go through it and see how it worked. I'd love to get one to play with.

Hey Gary-

Are you partial to a particular brand? I've only seen the automatic choke 044 once when I was at the dealership and I didn't get to go through it and see how it worked. I'd love to get one to play with.
I'm thinking Jonsered,Stihl,Husky.It would be getting ported and be a work saw.

I will post some pics as soon as a fellow AS member stops fondling it.It should be Monday.Thanks all for the replies.Better yet,give me a few days.we'll throw a b&c on it and make a video of a few test cuts.Gary

Being that early of an 044 it should have a good cylinder on it. I had an 044C but the choke had been disabled and used a regular switch with the 4 positions.

MS260 Pro. I raised transfer slightly. Opened the exhaust port a bit and cleaned up the intake port, base gasket delete. Clean jug, nice piston 44.7 bore. Muf Mod. Torn down to the case and gone thru top to bottom. Nice saw. Built it for work last year. No use for it. Got others to in 026 I think it is.

I'm second guessing my wanting to trade for a 50 cc saw.I have Mastermind to blame.My 262's, 562 and 361 meet my small saw needs.To those who sent pm's I'm planning to sell the saw.It is hard for a compulsive saw junkie to face the reality that I can only run one saw at a time.

Latest posts

Back