• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 046 parts saw or parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

komatsuvarna

Arboristsite MVP
Reaction score
Got a smashed 046 here...muffler, airfilter cover, air filter, airfilter base, filter horn, fuel tank, carb, master switch, and flywheel side case half are all toast.

Whats good?

Crank looks great.
Clutch appears to be good, springs and shoes look good, no excess wear. Clutch drum looks fine.
Poly flywheel is good.
I'd assume the coil is good since it had to be running to get smashed by a tree.
Recoil is good, just needs a handle...I tied a knot in the rope so it wouldn't have to be rewound.
Piston and cylinder are very nice and OEM. Not a Mahle and not a D shape combustion chamber cylinder. Piston shows very little wear on the intake side at the very bottom of the skirt, the rest is very good.....the rings still have the numbers on top.
Handle bar appears to be good and not bent.
The crank case has one messed up hole where the muffler bolts on the flywheel side..It could be repaired if wanted or ran as is with no bolt in that hole. I haven't found anything wrong with the clutch side case.
Brake handle and chain brake parts appear to be good and work fine.
Clutch cover is rough, but functional.
Oil pump, here again I'd assume it works but have no way to actually tell.
Intake boot appears to be good.
Top cover and small bucking spike are good.
I believe all of the bolts are there too.

I pulled the cylinder to inspect the topend and crank, so it is all apart now. I can put it back together if wanted as a whole.

I would rather sell it all together to save me the hassle of boxing and shipping all the stuff separate. Price is 200.00 plus shipping for the whole shooting match. If someone is interested in just individual parts shoot me a PM and I'll give ya a price...and just so you know if I sell it piece by piece I'm not giving it away...price will be fair value.

Case damage

Latest posts

Back