• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Stihl 056 flywheel - 1115 400 1200

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nstueve

Makita Freak!
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Need a flywheel for the old 056. Anyone have one laying around? I need part number 1115 400 1200 and that's the only one I know of that will work with this saw setup.

Thanks
Nathan

I only found 2 at $35 each maybe i need to take the spaces out of the part number...?

Does Bryce have a handle here on AS? I want to make sure the FW I'm getting will power the points on it. I don't want my rebuilt 056 magII to need another coil in a couple years when it fails.

Nate

JJ,
I got the chunk of chain BTW, THANKS!!!! I can't wait to spin it in and run a 42'' on the 655BP!!!!! :)

10/4

JJ,
I edited the last message thanking you for the chunk of chain. wanted to make sure you saw it!

:) :) :)

Does Bryce have a handle here on AS? I want to make sure the FW I'm getting will power the points on it. I don't want my rebuilt 056 magII to need another coil in a couple years when it fails.

Nate

JJ,
I got the chunk of chain BTW, THANKS!!!! I can't wait to spin it in and run a 42'' on the 655BP!!!!! :)

If you're attempting to change from the electronic ignition to the old points, I do want to mention that I came up with a fix for the Bosch electronic ignition. My opinion is you are far better off with the electronic ignition especially with an inexpensive fix that I believe will solve the common Bosch ignition failure. But this is up to you. And another comment--- it is not the so called coil that is failing.

Foggy

If you're attempting to change from the electronic ignition to the old points, I do want to mention that I came up with a fix for the Bosch electronic ignition. My opinion is you are far better off with the electronic ignition especially with an inexpensive fix that I believe will solve the common Bosch ignition failure. But this is up to you. And another comment--- it is not the so called coil that is failing.

Foggy
i'll read the thread a little later...

Why do you think the electronic is better than points? you can at least fix and file points. Once one of those bosch coils goes out or the wires fray it seems like others rather go back to points.

You are being overly simplistic. If mechanical points were a better option than an electronic alternative, the vehicle you drive today would be using them.

In a mechanical breaker system, energy is stored in the inductor....coil.... while the points are closed. When the points open, that energy is delivered to a spark plug where an arc is created. Because gasoline engines operate over a wide range of RPMs, the time when the points are closed varies therefore the amount of energy stored varies as a function of RPMs. The higher the RPMs, the less spark energy.

There are many other considerations pertaining to problems with points including contact bounce, mechanical wear, dwell angles needed to prevent the coil from entering what is called saturation but this is far too technical for this type of forum.

Sooooo --- good luck with your points! And BTW, from what I see, it is NOT the coil that is the failure risk in the Bosch ignition!!!!

Foggy

Foggy
That is good to know. Is it on a thread already? Lakeside used to talk a lot about the Bosch coils being prone to failure. Fortunately I have three old 56 M2s, and they all have the other coil. I need to get two of them put back together and part out the third. Too much going on these days, though.

Did the OP get a flywheel yet? I have one I'd turn loose of.

Attachments

• Thoughtful ten days old.jpg
    Thoughtful ten days old.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 1

Latest posts

Back