Stihl 07 (1961-1965) Rebuild Process.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Tom
I just got #3 07 in and i noticed this one is a little different
Do you know what the hole is for on the recoil with the plastic plug?I also noticed that there is a piece of rubber between the front wrap and recoil.This is the only one with the hole,the other two have a different recoil with the vintage Stihl logo_One of the other two has a full wrap.
Was going to get rid of a duplicate,but technically they are all different so i may have to keep them all
Thanks Thomas
Hi Thomas, that plug, once removed exposes the air vane governor allowing you to quickly adjust it without needing to remove the whole recoil. You can use a pair of forceps to adjust the spring tension.

Hope this helps!

Warm regards, Tom

Indeed. Exceptionally well done in all aspects (though the vids would not work for me). A thoroughly enjoyable journey.

Thank you.
Thank you for taking the time to read it Pogo!
The adventures didn’t actually stop here, though I stopped posting for some reason unbeknown to me now. The electronic ignition module fitted in the 80’s to do away with the points didn’t work and it would miss fire at WOT so I ordered a set of 08 points to test proof of concept and it worked beautifully. Therefore I went and ordered NOS 07 points from the states. Now I just have to go out and test it a final time. However I have re-built a bunch of saws in this time so I never got around to taking it out! I will do one day :)

The above is worded in such a way that it seems it was a simple diagnosis and fix, in reality it took weeks.

Videos won’t work as I deleted them all from my channel.

Warmest regards and thanks again.

Latest posts

Back