• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Stihl 090 1/2". Found.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, the shipping cost aspect didn't register until after I posted it. Is that severely inflated, or is that just what it costs for such shipping?

I had a 026 power head sent from KY about two month ago, cost $123- via ups.

Here's another example, I purchased a new top cover for an 084 tonight from the UK, postage quoted via ebays GSP,40-gbp!.....I asked the seller if he could post it himself, which he did for a total of 10- gbp........That's a saving of $60-Aud!

In this case part of the issue is that he's only offering Priority Mail shipping. Might be worth asking if he'll add an option to use First Class International, which should save at least $10 US.

For sale ?

Well yes but to be honest since that seller isselling those as cheap as he is. I will gladly buy one and pay the $3.50 shipping to me then send it to you at whatever service you desire. Hell to me that is a $25 part all day long plus shipping

just out of curiousity how does the 1/2" pitch fare in the cut compared to .404 ?

Robin, there's no real reason I'm running 1/2" on this particular saw other than looks and the fact I have some 1/2".
As compared to .404 in the cut, well the 1/2" creates more drag than the .404, hence uses more power to run it.

Robin, there's no real reason I'm running 1/2" on this particular saw other than looks and the fact I have some 1/2".
As compared to .404 in the cut, well the 1/2" creates more drag than the .404, hence uses more power to run it.
thats what i thought, maybe thats why they discontinued that pitch
but it might be a more rugged chain than .404, might stay sharp longer and cut through pretty much all kind of nasty wood i guess

Back