• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Stihl 361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler259

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I'm getting tired of Ebay. Just looking for a nice Stihl Ms 361 to buy.

Not really interested in modded saws.

I've got about $500 to spend depending on condition, don't really need a bar/chains.

Shoot me a message.

Thanks

I just picked up a decent one off ebay. After a good cleaning, there wasn't much paint missing. Only major flaw was the top cover was cracked. She started right up and also has 165 psi of comp. To be quit honest, I had put a bid on this particular saw, assuming i was going to be out bidder……. ummmm yea, i ended up winning it lololol.

The worst part is that this time last year, i bought a brandy new ms361, that my dealer had still on the shelf. I bet you for a year and half i thought about buying it. Anyways, i finally bought it and sold it on ebay. That was a dumb move…. Money was good, but left me wondering what the ms361's were like????

What condition are you looking for… Mint, excellent, good, so so???

Did you just buy the one on Ebay that was for sale in CT? With the case and top cover slight crack?

Lol it was buy it now, I almost snagged it but thought it was worth less than 520 shipped (+33 sales tax in ct).

Or maybe you bought a different one...I'm rambling..

Anyway I'd pay a top price for a NOS one or something a guy ran a few tanks with cutting firewood.

Send me a PM.

Oh lol, because it had a crack in the corner of the top cover... nevermind hah.

Can you private message me the Ebay link or pictures of the one your selling? I'm looking for mint/excellent condition.

Do you have a landscaping business? I have a 2 wheel velke/sulky I'm trying to sell in good condition.

The 361 i picked up of ebay is in good
Condition.... Far from mint though. Cosmetically it has scuffing on the front handle where it must have been rubbing in a tool box and it show your normal/tare that a saw gets.

Like any "mint", no longer made saws, your gonna have to shell out the coin. Butttt if you want one, you will spend the money lolol. That is unless you find someone desperate for money or has no clue lol.

The 361 i picked up of ebay is in good
Condition.... Far from mint though. Cosmetically it has scuffing on the front handle where it must have been rubbing in a tool box and it show your normal/tare that a saw gets.

Like any "mint", no longer made saws, your gonna have to shell out the coin. Butttt if you want one, you will spend the money lolol. That is unless you find someone desperate for money or has no clue lol.

Send me a few pictures.

I'm looking for saws condition comparable to the 2 on Ebay right now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STIHL-MS-36...046363984?pt=US_Chainsaws&hash=item4617c2f750

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USED-STIHL-...005927803?pt=US_Chainsaws&hash=item2ecce30d7b

You judging by the tank compared to the rest...? I think you're right. I just looked quick.

I'm not bidding anyway.

Question..Were all 036 saws Pro saws? Or were earlier ones badged just 036?

The 036s are all professional grade chainsaws. However there were both 036 PRO and 036 plain saws with several differences. The 036 PRO has the decomp button, a compensating carb and larger air filter (later called the Intellicarb), and a different muffler. The PRO model also has a filler cap label and the PRO sticker. Also the later 036 PRO saws (after mid year, 2000) have a larger clutch drum bearing and a different clutch drum to go with it. You can search about that here on AS, where THall (Tommy Hall) says the bearing/clutch drum upgrade is a must for all earlier 036 saws.

Last edited:
Thank you. So was there much difference between the pro 036 and the 360 and 361? Shoot I can buy a new husky 555 for. What some of these 361s are going for it seems...

Any "non-current" /better/ older saw, will always sell for more and hold its value. If the newer technology doesn't bother you, go for the "current " saws.

Im 28 and change doesn't bother me.... Yet lololol. I just adapt and improvise when needed. Plus my generation is use to newer technology... Video games, computers, cell phones.

I'm 23, but I used a 361 once and I think it was a great fit for me.

I have the old 028 and a new 441, really want something 60cc ish.

Latest posts

Back