• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl ms 261

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In an earlier life as a salesman for a multi-line Japanese, Triumph & Ducati dealership, I used to think that Honda Polish was the best thing since sliced bread until I discovered Plexus. Originally created for use on Fighter Jet aircraft canopies, works just as well at preventing static cling of dust/dirt, polishes and shines, but doesn't streak and isn't slippery to the touch like the HP- Usually cheaper too. Both great products though.
I use plexus on my helmets and goggles as it wont scratch clear plastic like HC can, but around here Plexus is twice the price so I use the Honda Cleaner on my saws. If you have a good Honda dealer in your area that carries Honda Glare Pro Polish, give that a shot sometime. I use it once a year on my VFR and it's like adding an extra coat of clear. Amazing stuff but it's@ $20 for a pint or smaller bottle.

Seems like all de comps leak at some point. Almost all porters remove from small saws. I do not like them.
I remove them on all my saws when I can.may have have to drop start like sasquatch but dont have to worry about leaks and black drool all over the cylinder.

I guess we derailed this beautiful 261 thread with our decomp theory...
sorry TNShaker.
however if we went to to an open forum Im sure it would turn into a "chest beating" contest about little girls and their pink "decomp" buttons...

but it always made more sense to me to pull the cord through to make sure its loaded and at the top ( of bottom) of stroke to confirm its free, check for locks, feel what kind of compression there is then yank like "Michele Obama on a banana". I just never remember to look for the dern decomp throughout all the other checks UNLESS i know there is an issue and I am pulling for other then "working" with the saw. (like its broke)

to each their own

No worries here......wish I had the 285/2100 back. Every saw was easy to start next to it. Of course a 28' 8 pin hardly even made it know it was on there....

Just missed Scott...so sorry. The local guy called the St IHL dealer this morning and we worked out a 3 way trade where I ended up with the dealers demo 241. I love those little 241's.

Back