Still vs husky pistons...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r1stgei

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Was in the shop this morning to pickup some oil and a few things for the camp. Almost ended up buying a new snowblower as the forever being rebuilt 89 ariens is starting to go. ( a whole other story)

Anyhow, was at the counter and a couple of guys were taking about using piston stops , I guess one of the guys never removed his drive sprocket etc before and was asking about it. I overheard one of them saying that you can use a metal piston stop on huskys but not on Stilhl because the metal is thinner on a Stilhl and could damage (Not sure what days they were talking about). I own both brands in various setups. I do know (pretty sure) some of the Stilhl saws have very tight clearances compared to husky but never really heard about thinner metal on the cylinders etc.

Personally I have a plastic Stilhl piston stop I got a whole back for 2$ or I’ll use pull cord ....

Any feedback or thoughts? I never looked closely and figured this would save some time :).

Cheers

Latest posts

Back