Stink bugs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treemandan

Tree Freak
Reaction score
Last year around here it seemed they were an epidemic. They were everywhere. I can only imagine what it going to be like this year, almost biblical. I just saw one on the coffee table.
Anyway for my place, since I've no credentials, I have been using Permathrin, Pyrithins, etc. Stuff you get at the store as whatever you spray on them will kill them, soap works. Thing is, they are hard to spray. I had to set bombs off in my trucks and seriously used 3 per truck because those bugs really get in to the smallest of spaces.
They seem to go under roof shingles and other small cracks and if you can't actually hit them with the juice you are wasting your time. I fogged the crap out of the attic but it didn't seem to help. I am scared.
I knocked out huge colonies of box elder bugs because they all came out to bask in the sun at the same time and I doused them then. I was curious if there was a way to lure the stink bugs out to one locality for a good dose of bug-b-gone. These bugs don't seem to congregate. If anyone has any ideas it would be appreciated of course.

I've got one idea - follow the directions on those bug bombs. They have been known to destroy houses, when some bright boy used a few too many and a spark got to the fumes. The propellant is often propane. Fella in California 'bout 10 years ago blew the roof right off his house. Lifted it a few feet, and when it came down, it didn't exactly do good things.

I've got one idea - follow the directions on those bug bombs. They have been known to destroy houses, when some bright boy used a few too many and a spark got to the fumes. The propellant is often propane. Fella in California 'bout 10 years ago blew the roof right off his house. Lifted it a few feet, and when it came down, it didn't exactly do good things.

Yes, I threw the main breaker for the house and left. I set off three in the attic but even more nuts was the 3 in the cab of the truck and still those bugs live.
Hell, if I blew the roof off I would have access to the bugs and the insurance would pay for it all. Propane is the leading propellant in a lot of things you might never think of. Pam?
Really, it is bad around here. I am sure if I pulled of the siding I would be horrified.

yeah their a problem this year too, some of my customers have asked if there trees are responsible:dizzy: , funny how people think all damage comes from the tree`s...im sure some companies will capitalize off this though!

I hear they are a breading bug & hard to kill, clumsy little buggers they fly awkwardly bounce off the wall & crawl up to where they should of landed!

Im remodeling so I got holes punched in the house in different places, I thought I had things sealed up well, but they find their way in!!

I agree any help would be great!! I hate em.....

LXT............

yeah their a problem this year too, some of my customers have asked if there trees are responsible:dizzy: , funny how people think all damage comes from the tree`s...im sure some companies will capitalize off this though!

I hear they are a breading bug & hard to kill, clumsy little buggers they fly awkwardly bounce off the wall & crawl up to where they should of landed!

Im remodeling so I got holes punched in the house in different places, I thought I had things sealed up well, but they find their way in!!

I agree any help would be great!! I hate em.....

LXT............

I knew it was only a matter of a short period of time until you said something. My God is this the end? What are we going to do?

Are yall talkin about them japenese beatle bugs.. or lady bugs?

No. They are called shield bugs too because they look like a shield. They come in all sorts of cool colors and are rather flat and broad. Some suck pine needles others fruit or other vegetation. When threatened they eject a little pile of poo that stinks. They are so retarded they crash into things.

Well what ever they are called.. when iam having to flick 6-10 of em off of me when working outside in the sun they get all types of new names. My understanding was the US Department of Agriculter got them suckers imported to help terminate some perisite that was hurting the soybean crop or something. Now since they think they helped in that issue, and now chemical manufactures are now going to make a mint off of so called sprays that get kill these buggers.. smells like its a goverment cover up

Wait till you cant stop the mrs. in time from running one over with the vacuum cleaner! Smashed by the beater bar and that wonderful smell heated and pumped into the room! BBBLLLLEEEAAACCCGHHH! They are a lot of fun with kittens though. I stuck one in my mouth for a Grant once.... once!

Latest posts

Back