Stopping splitting and cracking

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My son was just home on leave for 10 days. One of the things we did while he was home was to build a table out of some oak. When the kids were little I built a tree fort in this tree. A storm took it out. Felt like a waste to cut it up into firewood so we milled it down and repurposed it. Nothing fancy. Didn't bother running it through a planer. Just a quick couple passes with a belt sander on the table top and benches to take the roughness out. Live edge on the outer table edges and benches.
Looks good.

In looking at your pics you folks must have been getting some late rains. Your grass is green and the corn is barely fired. We are in full Fall here. I will be firing up the wood boiler Sunday for the season.

The pictures were taken 3-4 weeks ago. Harvesting is underway. Lots of leaves on the ground. I don't fire mine until we start getting consistent freezes. Until then the heat pump will do just fine in the evenings to keep the chill off. House stays warm enough during the daytime.

Back