Suggestion for die grinder or tool to work transfer ports?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A dremell knock off with a flexible shaft and a cutting disk will do it on the cheap.

if you want a good one get a CC specialties right angle hand piece but they are around $350. i just bought a foredom 56 right angle off evilbay i hope it is worth a $100 i read that these are not that great.but i cant spend 350 just to port my saws

if you want a good one get a CC specialties right angle hand piece but they are around $350. i just bought a foredom 56 right angle off evilbay i hope it is worth a $100 i read that these are not that great.but i cant spend 350 just to port my saws

Be gentle with that foredom handpiece. I know a few guys have busted the gears in them.

Which Foredom motor? Seems like there are several versions, Looks like the way to go simply because they exist in cyber space frequently enough to expect options & parts to show up on fleabay

Which Foredom motor? Seems like there are several versions, Looks like the way to go simply because they exist in cyber space frequently enough to expect options & parts to show up on fleabay
i have the SR it is reversible but i think any of the foredom motors would be great for you. the reason i got the sr was i got it cheap.the great thing abought the foredom is there is tons of different handpieces for them

Looks like that CC specialties one is unique....a blessing in that its specialized and a curse because finding parts over time might be impossible. Looks like those Foredom's are used in all kind of places from medical to mechanical...so even though the money will end up close it may be a better long term investment. MAYBE

The cc stuff will go right on the foredom motors or even the harbor freight motor like I've got. Pick up a few straight hand pieces from srcarr and you'll be set.

I found a NIB Grobet (Foredom) grinder, cable, foot pedal and #30 handpiece on Ebay for IIRC $80. The Grobet is a rebadged Foredom. I didn't know what I was missing by not having a foot pedal. I had been using a variable speed box. I already had 2 Foredoms but I couldn't pass that one up.
Shep

I found a NIB Grobet (Foredom) grinder, cable, foot pedal and #30 handpiece on Ebay for IIRC $80. The Grobet is a rebadged Foredom. I didn't know what I was missing by not having a foot pedal. I had been using a variable speed box. I already had 2 Foredoms but I couldn't pass that one up.
Shep
ya a foot pedal is a must have to me. you have so much more control

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back