Swisher logsplitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rotty_rott

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I just joined the forum and am new to burning wood for heat as this is my first winter doing so. I'm looking into buying a logsplitter and have read many posts on here dealing with log splitters but haven't heard anyone mention Swisher. I've looked them over and they seem to be fairly well built but wanted to get some other opinions before I lay down the cash. I'm also considering a Huskee logsplitter which I have read on here that someone has had good luck with, but I haven't had a chance to look at one in person. I'm trying to stay in the $1000 to $1500 price range and I prefer to buy from an actual store rather than mail order so that if I encounter any problems I don't have to deal with the hassle of shipping back and forth to have them corrected. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Mike, you should be able to just get into quality entry level splitter for 1500 bucks. If you do a search here you will find threads discussing pro and con of lots of different models and on home made. Even some Electric, I believe.

Thanks for the tip Frank. I did just that and saw some good things about the Huskee from TSC. I went and checked it out today. It looks to be heavier built than the Swisher and the pump is direct drive versus the belt drive on the swisher which i didn't care for anyway. I also like the wedge slider on the huskee since it's not a clamp style like most. it is actually boxed in on top of the beam so no bolts to worry about shearing or loosening.
I love the site and just in the few days i've been checking it out has already helped a lot. Thanks.
mike

Check out Brave logspitters, they are made in northern Illinois, have a direct mount pump. I purchased a 26 ton model with the 8HP Briggs engine. I have had no problems. I am in Southern Illinois also, I got mine at Bucheits in Sparta. check them out

I got the Huskee from TSC saturday and have split almost a cord with it with no problems. sure is a lot easier on the back than swinging that maul. it opened up a couple oak logs about 30" across and 24" long without so much as a grunt. would have taken me forever to get them to open with the maul. well thanks for such a great site and all the advice i got from it.
mike

Back