"test: This is only a test;

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maldeney

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Had this been a real thread there would have been much discussion about the do, don'ts, why's and why nots of a Modded work saw. Why you say because this is the Modded work saw Forum.

Lets bring on the discussions fellers'

Had this been a real thread there would have been much discussion about the do, don'ts, why's and why nots of a Modded work saw. Why you say because this is the Modded work saw Forum.

Lets bring on the discussions fellers'

Oh by the way, It does work.... If a post is made in this forum, it DOES show up on the "Today's Post" quick search....... Hmmmmm Imagine that.:hypnotized:

I think the problem is that some of the cough cough, popular saw "builders" seem to refuse this forum for no other reason but because they feel like it. . . .

Sad. .

Mmmm,

Yes, I run a modded saw for work.

(Only muffler mods, don't really work work with a saw, but sawing wood is work. So when working with a saw, I do often run ones that are muffler modded.)

There, does that contribute, somewhat, maybe just a little?

Mmmm,

Yes, I run a modded saw for work.

(Only muffler mods, don't really work work with a saw, but sawing wood is work. So when working with a saw, I do often run ones that are muffler modded.)

There, does that contribute, somewhat, maybe just a little?

I earn my living with wrenches, not chainsaws, so my saws are toys.......and I want Hot Rod toys!

I think the problem is that some of the cough cough, popular saw "builders" seem to refuse this forum for no other reason but because they feel like it. . . .

Sad. .

That's the stated reason, but I suspect it isn't the actual reason.

If you're selling modified saws, you aren't likely to sell them to folks that modify saws.

I'd like to help make this part of the forum grow, but since we added a kid this summer, my free time has become non-existent. I have some projects sitting idle, and once I get going on them, I'll be posting here for feedback.

Until then, I'll have to be content with pickin' on those that actually are doing something!

Darn kids anyway :thunder: LOL I know the feeling got a 3 year old and a 6month old, along with a house that we just bought that devloped a water leak in the finished basement!:mad-tongue: Tends to take up too much time, I mean the responsible stuff sucks when it gets in the way of the more important hobbies :)

Oh well hopefully soon we can all get back to it.:hammer:

Darn kids anyway :thunder: LOL I know the feeling got a 3 year old and a 6month old, along with a house that we just bought that devloped a water leak in the finished basement!:mad-tongue: Tends to take up too much time, I mean the responsible stuff sucks when it gets in the way of the more important hobbies :)

Oh well hopefully soon we can all get back to it.:hammer:

Wow! Just about the same boat. Our boy will be three in a week, the girl is 5 months, and we recently moved into a place that keeps on needing work!

I did run power to the workbench I built, and put a light up a couple of days ago, so now I can stop working on the floor by the light of the sun.

Still need to fix (or replace) the busted shaft on my old Foredom though.

What is a modded work saw? I've heard of farmbosses, wood bosses, supers, oh...and magnums?:waiting:

Its a saw that a guy runs for a living, that happens to be modified. .

But what if I don't make a living with my saws and they are still modified??? Does this mean I can use the normal chainsaw forum???

But what if I don't make a living with my saws and they are still modified??? Does this mean I can use the normal chainsaw forum???

what if we make money with saws only as side business ( i sell off firewood) im so confused now . where am I allowed to post?? LOL

what if we make money with saws only as side business ( i sell off firewood) im so confused now . where am I allowed to post?? LOL

That would go in modified "part-time" worksaw forum.

I dont saw for a living. I mostly just cut firewood for my personal use. In the last few years I have developed a addection to Husqvarnas, Ebay, and Craigslist. I love keeping the chain sharp and keeping the chips flying fast. I enjoy things that go fast, and am seriously considering modifying my 372xp. Would love to hear from some experts, or from some people that have modified saws, on the advantages and disadvantages of modifying a perfectly good saw. Is it worth it? How much louder will it be? Can I still run the same 50:1 mix? How much faster will it cut. I love to go fast!:msp_confused:

Back