• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Timberline Sharpener

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. Guys im hoping this helps my arthritis in my hands.I have to do a whole lot of filing from time to time.im trying out the new stihl sharpeners.seems to help some of the stress.much better than those little file handles.;) I dont see much stress at with this setup.:D

i bought my timberline sharpener about 2 month's ago.....love it!! the only issue i had with it was the absence of a second chain guide clip to help hold the chain tooth
perfectly vertical.......the carbide cutter's the way they are designed pull the chain tooth towards the carbide cutter and the tooth wind's up being tipped....the way i resolved this was by adding another guide clip...work's perfect now.......... the teeth are held in the exact same position every time

Im getting along with this one really good.takes a little bit longer than filing but its well worth it.

i bought my timberline sharpener about 2 month's ago.....love it!! the only issue i had with it was the absence of a second chain guide clip to help hold the chain tooth
perfectly vertical.......the carbide cutter's the way they are designed pull the chain tooth towards the carbide cutter and the tooth wind's up being tipped....the way i resolved this was by adding another guide clip...work's perfect now.......... the teeth are held in the exact same position every time

Got a pic your mod ? Sounds interesting, just dont see how you did it

DSCF5104.JPG here are some pic's......it wasn't an easy 5 minute fix......some machining involved......i am fortunate to have a mill and a lathe.....the hardest part is the groove for the clip to sit in....that had to be done by hand with a file.... pic's aren't great but it'll give you the idea

ATTACH=full]338682[/ATTACH] DSCF5096.JPG DSCF5102.JPG DSCF5103.JPG DSCF5104.JPG 2014-03-03 22.02.51.jpg 2014-03-03 22.03.10.jpg 2014-03-03 22.03.29.jpg 2014-03-03 22.03.46.jpg 2014-03-03 22.04.48.jpg

here are some pic's......it wasn't an easy 5 minute fix........ pic's aren't great but it'll give you the idea

Great photos. Respectfuly, almost no one will see them as they are listed in the 'for sale' part of the forum, and marked 'sold'.

Please consider posting them in this thread, which duscusses the Timberline specifically. It would be helpful for others interested in this product.

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/new-chain-sharpener.180488/

Philbert

Latest posts

Back