Time Lapse Tree Work

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonner1040

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I love timelapse, here are some of my personal ones. Feel free to share your own!

Little Big Oak - 2 climbers prune a large oak tree while a 3rd removes a branch from another tree.
Little Big Oak - YouTube

Hickory Imp - A crane assisted removal of dead hickory tree
TL - Hickory Imp - YouTube

Whole Tree Rigging - A rope controlled felling
Whole Tree Rigging - YouTube

Looking up to Norway - A look up at a norway maple pruning
Looking up to Norway - YouTube

Sycamore Prune - A top down look at sycamore prune.
Sycamore Prune Final Cut - YouTube

Quick trim and cable - Light trimming of a sycamore and a pine is pulled away from leaning and a support cable is installed
Quick Trim and Cable - YouTube

Arbor Re-Construction an Inverted Tree Removal - At the home owners request and just for fun, we used a 3D printer to reconstruct the tree after removal.
Arbor Reconstruction - An Inverted Tree Removal - YouTube

It can get a bit boring so I dont blame anyone for not liking it but its a hobby of mine to make them so enjoy!

Have only watched the first one so far, but very enjoyable, Nick.
It is somewhat humbling to a Luddite like myself to see this kinda video technology. :msp_w00t:

Time lapse is easy, I used to do it the hard way but now I have a TLC200 Timelapse camera, and its as easy as pushing the button and uploading the results.

Amazon.com: tlc200

I got the wind angle lens and you can totally tell the difference, its a big improvement. It only does timelapse but it does it well with good options and 1 second interval.

I am glad you like it!

did you use the wide angle lense in all those vids? Looks like a great thing to have, I'd love to put some vids like this up on my website. Do you need to get too far away without the wide angle?

Shaun

Those videos are a combination of different cameras. Even with the wide angle lens on the TLC or my wide angle Contour, you still need to get pretty far back for a tree like "Little Big Oak" without the wide angle lens you need to get really far back.

cool video. I would like to have some time lapse stuff myself. I noticed you had Leimister (spelling?) on that crane job. Was it Dan himself on the crane? We must not be to far apart. I am in Avon Lake, how about you? I am also curious who you are with. No big deal just wondering.

Nice work.

I like doing the occasional time lapse as well, especially on some of the larger removals. I have been using a Samsung SMX-F30 camcorder. It's a digital camcorder that has an option to record in timelapse as well. You can even set the timelapse rate. I'll usually set it for a shot every 3 seconds or every 5 seconds.

Here are a couple of my timelapse videos. My favorite is the third one, probably because of the upbeat music. Unfortunately, because of the music I chose, you can't watch them on a mobile device.

Timelapse Willow:
Time Lapse Willow - YouTube

Timelapse Silver Maple (Day 1):
Time Lapse Silver Maple Removal - Day 1 - YouTube

Timelapse Siver Maple (Day 2):
Silver Maple Removal - Day 2.wmv - YouTube

Nice work.

I like doing the occasional time lapse as well, especially on some of the larger removals. I have been using a Samsung SMX-F30 camcorder. It's a digital camcorder that has an option to record in timelapse as well. You can even set the timelapse rate. I'll usually set it for a shot every 3 seconds or every 5 seconds.

Here are a couple of my timelapse videos. My favorite is the third one, probably because of the upbeat music. Unfortunately, because of the music I chose, you can't watch them on a mobile device.

Timelapse Willow:
Time Lapse Willow - YouTube

Timelapse Silver Maple (Day 1):
Time Lapse Silver Maple Removal - Day 1 - YouTube

Timelapse Siver Maple (Day 2):
Silver Maple Removal - Day 2.wmv - YouTube

You guys should see him after he drinks a Monster Energy drink and then does tree work, cameras can't keep up to him!
He is way faster then those videos! :D:laugh: for real

My camera arrived yesterday, same one. Took it out today for a play, you really do need that wide angle lense! Couldnt get one in aus, and have one coming from the states. I got the camera here though. Even putting the camera way p the back of the yard, it could barely get a 30 foot tree in frame.

I took a couple vids, but they were way too slow. I tried 1 sec intervals with 5fps output. Then I tried another with 1 sec intervals and 30fps output that was way too fast. Maybe 2 sec and 15fps? What are you setting yours at?

Shaun

Always one second interval for me. Either 20 or 30 frames/sec then I manipulate the speed in iMovie. Almost always use wide angle lens.

Latest posts

Back