tree ID

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CA arborista

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have been hired to do an arborist report on fire damaged trees on private property. I need to know how to lable each tree for cataloging, that is, what kind of lable is best and how to attach the lable - the rest I am familiar with.

Thanx

http://www.shortorderproducts.com/Blank_Tags/bt-al_Quick_Stamped_Tags/bt-al_Quick_Stamped_Tags.html

I know a lot of people have gone to GPS systems and some people have successfully used Google Earth.

I am a retro type person and we will be physically labeling trees on an estate with something like (if not exact) the type of labels at the above site. They can be affixed with a loose wire around a branch (if a suitable branch is available) or with a nail. Are inexpensive and easy to use.

Sherrill Catalog also has an Arbo Tag Complete System but it is pretty pricey so might depend on how into this type of thing you are going to get. (Basically the same kind of thing, but with the bar code sophistication.)

Sylvia

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back