Tuning Carb on Woodsplitter.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbucks

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello.

A little while ago I started a thread about my wood splitter not running properly.
With help from everyone on the forum, I got the carb all cleaned and replaced the fuel line and now the surging has stopped and it runs smooth. Thanks

The engine is a Honda GX160 5.5 hp.

When I had the carb off I removed the limiter on the one adjustment screw so I could adjust it if need be in the future.

So I got the splitter stated and it ran fine but didnt rev as high as it use to, also when you idle it down all the way it would stall.
After adjustig on of the screws I got it to stop stalling.

Can anyone explain if possible how to properly tune the carb?

One member on the other thread said it may be running lean, and a way to check is to see if the spark plug was white or beige in color. The plug is kind of white-ish. How to I adjust it from being to lean?

Thanks in advance for everyones help.

honda carburator

Hello.

A little while ago I started a thread about my wood splitter not running properly.
With help from everyone on the forum, I got the carb all cleaned and replaced the fuel line and now the surging has stopped and it runs smooth. Thanks

The engine is a Honda GX160 5.5 hp.

When I had the carb off I removed the limiter on the one adjustment screw so I could adjust it if need be in the future.

So I got the splitter stated and it ran fine but didnt rev as high as it use to, also when you idle it down all the way it would stall.
After adjustig on of the screws I got it to stop stalling.

Can anyone explain if possible how to properly tune the carb?

One member on the other thread said it may be running lean, and a way to check is to see if the spark plug was white or beige in color. The plug is kind of white-ish. How to I adjust it from being to lean?

Thanks in advance for everyones help.

You need to restall the limiter as it affects both high and low idle. Whoopsie!!:wink2:

Latest posts

Back