upgrade chipper question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skywalker

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
:greenchainsaw: :greenchainsaw: we have been doing tree work for about 10 months now (ive been landscaping for over 20 years)

we got our hands on a Woodchuck 12" diesel chipper chuck and duck very old but gets the job done

we are ready to upgrade to a bigger and better chipper

budget is around 10k 15k high end

what is our next animal we should be looking for

thanks Joe

:greenchainsaw: :greenchainsaw: we have been doing tree work for about 10 months now (ive been landscaping for over 20 years)

we got our hands on a Woodchuck 12" diesel chipper chuck and duck very old but gets the job done

we are ready to upgrade to a bigger and better chipper

budget is around 10k 15k high end

what is our next animal we should be looking for

thanks Joe

1. When you say "we", how many guys are in your crew when doing tree work?

2. What is your truck that will be pulling the chipper with?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. It gets the job done, keep using it and save more money. In the meanwhile spend time gathering facts and opinions. Then in a bit when you have more jake and knowledge you can pounce on one. I would get a Vermeer 1000, they have been good for me so far, but I have spent way more time behind the old reliable duck and chucks.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. It gets the job done, keep using it and save more money. In the meanwhile spend time gathering facts and opinions. Then in a bit when you have more jake and knowledge you can pounce on one. I would get a Vermeer 1000, they have been good for me so far, but I have spent way more time behind the old reliable duck and chucks.

I think the BC 1000xl 12 inch chipper with i think its the 85hp weighing in at around 4600lbs...is a good little chipper

But again personally here...

i would research your area and see where the dealers are of...Vermeer, Bandit, Morbark...etc.

So if you do needs part and service...being closer to one can be a big factor in my book.

Personally i say go Bandit...JMO, but Bandit or Vermeer your still looking good

I agree, BC1000 is a nice chipper. I have one and Its a workhorse. Reliable and strong. Not too heavy either (a BC 1500 is over 2,000 lbs more) 50% more weight for 25% more capacity). Whatever you get make sure it's in good shape mecanically. And keep those bearing well greased!

we have a 2005 chevy one ton dump

and a 1992 gmc boom forestry truck

i have a partner in the business

we have 2 ground guys

thanks

Who's the closest chipper dealer? Every chipper manufactorer has it's really good, reliable models, and they have their lemons. Personally I have a Bandit, but my next choice would be Vermeer.

Who's the closest chipper dealer? Every chipper manufactorer has it's really good, reliable models, and they have their lemons. Personally I have a Bandit, but my next choice would be Vermeer.

Ronnyb, side note, question - what chipper you got???

Thanks,

Def. though look who closer dealer...

id run it untill the wheels fell off maybe invest in a loader or a swinger etc. right now its making you money and paying the bills good luck..

Do yourself a favor and keep saving for the 20k-25k chippers. Go big! We started with a Bandit 254 and we are growing out of this beast already. Maybe next year we can get an 1890:givebeer:

Latest posts

Back