Value of Jonsered CS2159/CS2169

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gebada

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
A local auction site is selling 2 new (like new) Jonsered saws both with 18" bars. One is listed as a Jonsered CS2159 and the other CS2163. I am not familiar with the value of these saws. Can you give me some ideas. Thank you very much. Greg

Jonsered and Husqvarna are sister companies manufacturing basically the same saws but of different colors and different model codes. The red & black Jonsereds are a whole lot better looking however.

Use the pricing of Husqvarnas of the same displacement and specs to give you a darn good idea what they sell new for, then make up your own mind on the auction values.

here is a link of you can use for pricing:

www.alamia.com

Here is a link for models:

www.jonsered.com

On ebay, the husky 359's sell for about $350 average, that's new. This would equate to the 2159. Now you said "like new" which to me, is used, so adjust your price down from there depending on "how used" it is. The 2163 is probably the same as the 365 husky(not actually sure) and they don't sell for very good numbers on Ebay. I'm not sure why, but they will fetch $425 or so new. Just a ballpark ;)

Hi, trimmed. The 2163 is the same as the now discontinued 362xp. They are smaller in ccs than the 365/2165 but sold for more $$. They were a 62cc hotrod that had a little more high rpm power than the 2165/365 but less torque. They were almost in the same price range as a 372/2171 and I dont think they sold well for that reason.

For whatever reason, the retail prices on Jonseys is always a little higher than the comparable Husqvarna. Southwestfaster sells both and would be a good guide for bottom-line prices on new saws. Their prices always seem to be the lowest on the net.

Lobo said:
Gandered and Husqvarna are sister companies manufacturing basically the same saws but of different colors and different model codes. The red & black Jonsereds are a whole lot better looking however.

Use the pricing of Husqvarnas of the same displacement and specs to give you a darn good idea what they sell new for, then make up your own mind on the auction values.

here is a link of you can use for pricing:

www.alamia.com

Here is a link for models:

www.jonsered.com

Not quite, Lobo.
They are one and the same company. Most parts have the same numbers.
The ending, or beginning ( I can not remember) indicate if it is Jonny Red or Husky color.

Back