Vanguard (72,73,75)V 3/8 chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asb151

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone used these chains. I am wondering how they compare to the LG's which is typically what I use. Here is what the Oregon site says:

"The new shape of speed, performance, and safety makes Vanguard a chain for professional, commercial, or occasional use. Oregon® Vanguard equals or beats competitive chains, and our own popular 72LG, in nose-clear bucking, nose-buried bucking and boring - while also meeting the ANSI low-kickback standard. "

i picked up a roll of that about 5-6 years ago, i couldn't wait to use it up. taking the rakers down was a pain in the @ss. stick with the LG.

I consider the Vanguard chain the very best of the "safety " chains. The design cuts very smoothly and works very well even on boring cuts. If "Pro" chain were not available I could live with Vanguard very happily-but it does not cut quite as fast-there is a bit more drag from the broad depth gauges and a bit more weight. As far a dressing those rakers...it would seem that Ken needs a sharp file....'taint no big thang.

Back