Vermeer 252 must sell ASAP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolf66

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am letting go my last piece of equipment, a vermeer 252 with only 500 hours on it. It has the auto sweep, 4 tires and the vermeer trailer. The airfilter has never even been changed and is still clean, thats how little I have used it. The only problem it has is one of the lower bearings is getting a little loose. I had over tightened the poly belt and that bearing has some play in it. Vermeer told me it would be $400. to replace both bearings on the bottom with link belt bearings and to properly adjust the belts. I have changed the oil acording to thier recomendations, but I am using Mobil 1 oil. Back when I had a 625 chipper, a Kohler rep told me how well mobil 1 performed in those engines. I put over 80 k hours on it and my cousin (who has that little chipper to this day probaly has doubled that) and we both swear by using Mobil 1. Anyway, I got laid off again and have not used the grinder all season. It has always been garaged kept and that is where it is now. I will probaly put it on ebay this weekend and will post the item #. I am trying to borrow a digitil camera to post pics so I can put it on ebay. I am on a difrent computer now as mine is down, but you can call me at (914) 423-7533 as It might be a few days at a time that I can check my email. I still owe $1,500. on it, but would be happy to take the best offer over $4,500.00. On ebay, I will probaly have a $5,000. reserve, but if someone has cash now, give me a call and we can turn it over now. I am in Yonkers, NY.

Well, once you do check back here, let me know if you'd be willing to ship. Send me some pics. also, if you put 80k hours on your chipper wouldn't that be like having it running for over 9 years straight??

yeah 80k hours might be a record for any piece of equipment. I'm guessing you meant 8k and that's still very impressive.

Same questions as bottle....Pics? and can you ship?

Back