Vermeer BC1500 not feeding

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JJBoehm

Reaction score
Have a 2013 bc1500, cant get forward or reverse on the feed drum to work. If I hook 12v to the hydraulic solenoid it will work. Rear safety switches are good, 3 push bar switches are good . Put anew switch on the clutch switch, it was bad, didn't change any thing. Te green lights for r , n e stop are green, the fwd and rev fed out are red, so think it is getting proper signal to the controller but not sending it out?

Attachments

• 20190830_155518.jpg
    20190830_155518.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
Is the info light blinking? It will if there is a problem in the control circuit.
Does this machine have a tach? If so is the rpm reading correctly?

Its strange that J2 forward feed and reverse feed LEDs are on simultaneously.

Yes info light is blinking, the throttle light is green on idle but when you seed it up its red, tac reads 2600, it's the digital dash.

Yes info light is blinking, the throttle light is green on idle but when you seed it up its red, tac reads 2600, it's the digital dash.

Was the chipper working OK and this problem just started?

The blinking info light should reset (remain off) when the engine speed is in spec and safety switches are all functioning correctly.

You mentioned the rear safety switches and stop bar are good. Does this mean when the switches are tripped the LED indicators blink?

I picked the chipper up at a auction, must have been someone else's problem.

The clutch, f, r micro switches are 12v or open, the safety one on the top bar and the 2 on the lower push bare are 12v and 6v , the yellow light has a slow blink all the time .

I picked the chipper up at a auction, must have been someone else's problem.

The clutch, f, r micro switches are 12v or open, the safety one on the top bar and the 2 on the lower push bare are 12v and 6v , the yellow light has a slow blink all the time .

OK, auction chipper, that clarifies things a bit.

With my ebay 1000XL the auto feed did not work. There was another forum member with an ebay 1000Xl and its auto feed was not working. But both machines had a different cause, both machines chipped with a fast blinking info light.

Assuming the wiring was not tampered with, as with my machine, a slow blinking info light sounds like a faulty controller. Its an expensive box, maybe why the machine was sold broken. A Vermeer dealer can ship it to the factory for testing.

Latest posts

Back